- Examine the corpse first to see if it has already been butchered.
- Activate a butchering knife
- Right-click a corpse
- Select Butcher
- Open the corpse and drag the desired butchering products to your inventory. Or if you bury the butchered corpse, the items will stay on ground.
Note: Butchering human corpses makes your alignment drop by 1 and does not give any butchering skill.
See Animals table for which animals give which butchering products:
- Animal fat
- Dragon scale
- Drake hide
- Twisted unicorn horn
- Activate a butchering knife or carving knife
- Right-click a piece of meat or fish
- Select Filet
- The filets will go in your inventory.
Resultant filet quality depends on your butchering skill, the quality of the meat or fish, the quality of the knife, and how well you can use your knife (butchering knife skill or carving knife skill). Fileting never fails as such, but you may get some 1 ql filets.
Butchering and fileting raise these characteristics:
- Butcher at 50 skill
- Der Metzgermeister / Skinner at 70 skill