Jump to: navigation, searchMain Page :: Chat Chat & event boxesThe chat window is in the lower left corner by default. This is where a player talks (types) in local, kingdom, village (when a citizen on a deed), and private messages (PM). To close a private conversation or kingdom chat, click the small X in the upper right corner of the window. Local chat cannot be closed.
The chat window's shortcut key is t.
To use special characters in any of the chat dialogs refer to this chart.
Local is a channel for players within about 320 meters (80 tiles) radius from your position. The local channel is close to free speech, but you may not use offensive language, such as racist, sexist, and homophobic comments, or talk about illegal drugs or substances. Both Blacklighters and Whitelighters can talk here. It is possible for players to be within the 80 tile radius and not appear in the list of names if they are stealthed or inside a mine. Note that if a certain player is annoying, use (/ignore <name>) to stop their comments from being seen.
Whether a member of Jenn-Kellon, Horde of the Summoned, or Mol-Rehan, kingdom chat is a way for a player to speak to all online members of the same kingdom. To talk in kingdom when the window isn't open, use /shout: "/shout Look out for the truck!" Use /kchat to toggle kingdom chat on and off.
As this channel is moderated, the rules for kingdom chat are:
- Respect the rights of others. You may not harass (sexually or otherwise), threaten, or cause unwanted distress to any member.
- Do not use sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, or ethnically offensive language.
- Do not discuss controversial topics such as (but not limited to) politics, religion, racism, sexism, or sexual orientation.
- Do not talk about drugs, drug usage, or any illegal substances.
- Do not talk about illegal activities such as warez, torrents, or macros--even jokingly.
- English is the primary language for these forums.
- Posting of inappropriate links into kingdom chat will not be tolerated.
- Do not swear. Use of workarounds (like "sh*t") are not acceptable.
- Do not spam.
- Use of capitalization is frowned upon and EXCESSIVE CAPITALIZATION use may be penalized.
- If you say something that is offensive to a large group of people, and are asked to stop, please do so.
- Openly insulting, berating, or 'verbally' abusing CMs, GMs, or devs will result in a mute.
- Impersonating a CM/GM is a bannable offense.
GMs and CMs have the right to issue warnings and mutes as they see necessary to enforce these rules. In some cases excessive rule breaking or deliberate verbal attacks may warrant banning.
If a member of a village, the village chat can be opened using /village, followed by the message. All members of a village who are currently logged in will get the messages sent here.
To talk to only one player, use /tell or /t. For example:
/tell Player Hello, can you help me? /t Player Hello, can you help me?
To ignore somebody, use /ignore, followed by their name. Unignoring is accomplished the same way: /ignore (without a name) shows a list of ignored players (if any).